nedjelja, 13. siječnja 2013.

DIFFERENT WAY OF LIVING

Today, like almost on any other Sunday, my bjj brothers and I like to gather around and just "roll" ("Roll" is a term for recreational and easy sparring in JiuJitsu). I havent roll for a quite long time, because of my injuries as I have already mentioned before. I must say today I felt JiuJitsu like i havent felt it for a really long time, I do not mean that I was good or excelent doing it, or that i was dominant, fearless or unstoppable as I try to be every time i "roll". No! This time was different! During a sparring I tried to think about Jiu Jitsu and simultaneously I was trying to think about myself in Jiujiutsu, I asked my self : "What does Jiu Jitsu means to me?" Well, obviously it means a lot to me, it is a great part of me because every time I'm doing it above my pain threshold even If im injured or under a choke, armbar or something else. I do not stop even when im lazy! On every question I have been asking myself, I've got an imediate answer, and after answering it I've got another question, and so on...

"Jiu jitsu is great part of me, now could I live my life without it?"
"What kind of a person would I be today if Iv'e never practiced JiuJitsu?" I've been practiced lots of sports&activities, such as, boxing, weightlifting, bodybuilding etc. but these is much different and better...
It is really incredible and fascinating how much you can learn about yourself through JiuJitsu! I've got the feeling that every moment while Im doing Jiu jitsu, I almost exponentially evolve as a human being, because of this beautiful martial art everything seems quite better and for sure I am functional than ever before ...well, todays experience prompted me to say something about it and blog it, meanwhile I encountered this excellent statement from Joe Rogan after receiveing his black belt...This truly describes what JiuJitsu really is.

"This is seriously one of the proudest moments of my life. Out of all the shit I’ve done in my life…becoming really good at jiu jitsu is probably one of the most difficult things a person can do and I think it helps me with everything I do. I think the more I train and the more I meet people who are in jiu jitsu…people who are in jiu jitsu and train on a regular basis, they’re healthier people. Their egos are healthier. Especially men. They’re easier to talk to. They’re easier to hang out with. Because they’re facing reality on a regular basis.
Something that my tae kwon do teacher told me when I was a little kid that I never forgot was that martial arts are a vehicle for developing your human potential. And nothing in my life has ever put me in face with reality better than jiu jitsu. In life, we can all distort our perception of things in order to make ourselves more comfortable, in order to make ourselves accept where we are. And there’s a lot of people out there that are running around in life full of shit. You can’t be full of shit when you do jiu jitsu. When you do jiu jitsu, it’s impossible to be full of shit because reality comes at you in the purest form possible: A life or death struggle, using your determination, your focus, your techniques, your mind, and your training, over and over and over again.
And it’s reality. And if you fuck up and you get caught in a triangle, you’ve gotta tap. That is the end of story. It’s as real as it can get and that has made me a better person. It has made me a better man, it’s made me understand myself, my weaknesses, my strengths, the shit I need to work on. Jiu jitsu has been one of the most valuable tools that I’ve ever had in my life."
- Joe Rogan, after receiving his black belt



  
Oss to Ruckus Bjj Clan Zurich & Werdum Combat Team Croatia

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar